Friday 2 March 2012

Reflection and Wonder

Not much has gone on over this past week or so. This has given me time to look back and reflect on how far we have already progressed in just under 10 weeks since Tyler made his appearance.

Spending time with my new-found nephew made me realise how big Tyler is now. My nephew was born 6lb 14 when he was born and Tyler was 5lb 5. Tyler felt huge compared to this newborn. It seems I still haven't fully adjusted and its only just occurred to me that still, after all this time, it still doesn't feel real. It doesn't feel like he's really ours. It almost feels like an extended baby sitting session.

When my son was a newborn he was just about hitting the half way point when lying down in the moses basket, now he's nearly scraping the top of it. It'll be very soon we will have to start moving him into his cot.

When he would fall asleep on my chest he would just about cover my chest. Now he is pushing his feet down on my legs trying to stand himself up, and doing quite a good job at it too. He's getting extremely good at hold his head up and looking around, he' so aware of his surroundings and what is going on.

He loves being sat up so he can look around by his own free will and can spot a TV in any room within seconds of being in it. He's definitely mine, he loves watching the tv and laptop or computer screens if anyone is on youtube.

His feeds are like clockwork, accept at night, he has started to push for 6-7 hours at night time which is brilliant for us, any extra sleep is a bonus. Although also like clockwork he is up without fail at 8am every morning, not that much of a problem, but becoming a morning person is quite a challenge when I have spent my life doing quite the opposite.

He is a very happy independent and smiley baby and I really couldn't be happier with him. My job now is to make sure he grows up carrying on to be happy, learning trust, respect, manners and honour. I can't help but feel like the world is against me on that full of greed, violence and hate, some nice people, but a lot of evils ones too.

I suppose now its my job to teach him, nurture him and protect him. Despite this being a daunting task considering what I've already mentioned, I am more than ready to take it on and do everything I can to bring up my son to be the best man he can be.

Thank you for continuing to join me, please do share and stay with me and together we can hopefully help a lot of scared and nervous men.

No comments:

Post a Comment