Friday 16 March 2012

Smiles, baths and an uncertain week ahead

Tyler has finally started to find his voice. We have had a few proper laugh's, which are possibly the cutest thing I have ever seen. You can see him trying to experiment with different noises, making noise whilst moving his mouth around and creating different shapes with it to get a different sound out.

The other day it sounded so much like he was singing to himself in his sleep, little murmurs every few seconds with each deep breathe.

Bath time is starting to be enjoyed. Splashing, smiling and giggling is always involved not just from Tyler, but from myself and Andrea as well.

We have had to make sure he stays warm though as he's had a bit of a cold, not surprising as I and Andrea have both had one. Its made him a little ratty and sneeze and cough a bit, but not nearly as bad as I thought he would be.

Next week we are both dreading as its immunisation time again! Andrea refuses to talk about it as she doesn't like thinking about it. I'm not looking forward to it myself as I know how much discomfort and how scared it made him last time.

I remember walking away thinking, because I was holding him, he is going to hate me now. I know I'm going to feel so guilty again and I'm hating the thought of having to hold him and watch him from having big smiles on his face, to screams and tears.

I was talking to friend of mine about it and she gave me some advice which I now have a conflict of feelings toward. She said, 20 minutes before the injections, give him calpol and it will help ease any pain or discomfort when they are done. Although in the same breath she told me that the midwife would tell us not to do this as they say it may dilute the stuff they inject him with, stopping it from working properly.

I would love to know if anyone else has an opinion on this or any other suggestions on what to do.

We did manage to enjoy our night out for my birthday, although Andrea did leave early, because she just felt really bad and missed him too much. I don't want to sound like I didn't miss him because I did, a lot, but I did stay out and enjoy my night.

So far we've found a larger feed at night doesn't always lead to a longer sleep at night, but a bath tends to settle him for longer. Slowly, but surely we are getting closer to a full nights sleep.

Thank you for joining me another week on my journey and I hope you are back with me next week, when I may possibly have more new on my project which I will be pushing out.

1 comment:

  1. its good and i love it,hes getting a heavy big boy,and a happy one.keep up the good work.xxxxx

    ReplyDelete