Friday 9 March 2012

Great Sleep & Good Bonds

Last night I received a pleasant surprise. Tyler slept through for 9 and a half hours! Happy days, god knows why, but he did. Hopefully going to start trying to make this a regular occurrence. It may have something to do with seemingly stupidly thirsty the night before so we gave him a little more milk than he'd usually have.

Is this the answer to a longer night? A slightly larger feed before bed? I suppose we will have to put it to the test and see what happens. I will keep you posted on his progress.

Tonight is going to be an odd night, with it being my birthday on tuesday we are going to make a night of it tonight so I don't disrupt work in the week. This will be our first night out in about a year or so, time without Tyler being with us 24/7 is weird enough as it is. But to go out drinking, having a good time and trying not to worry about him for one reason or another is going to be difficult.

I'm hoping it will get easier as the night goes on much like valentines day. The daunting thing though is we won't be returning before midnight this time, luckily my mum has generously and happily offered to take care of him for the night so we can go out and try to enjoy ourselves.

I will write it now, mainly to remind myself, but it is Mothers Day on the 18th. It'll be the first time I have bought a mothers day gift for someone other than my mother and I'm stuck for ideas, I struggle enough trying to find something for my own mother.

I feel I'm finally settling into parenthood, being able to handle my stresses a lot better. This past couple weeks has generated a lot of stresses and issue's on the work side of my life. I've managed to channel these negative feelings and not let them come into my life with Tyler, so I feel like I'm finally finding my balance.

I still say to people now even after all this time, none of this feels real. I feel like its a prolonged babysitting session or something to that effect.

Saying this I think it is starting to set in, now that I'm starting to feel more and more connected to Tyler. I finally feel like he recognises me and that he likes it when I play with him and hold him, I finally feel like I have a proper bond. The other day I had a long day out working followed by a night out working, I didn't make it home till late at night. Tyler was still awake when I got back, when I walked in and sat down, he heard my voice and saw me and wouldn't take his eyes off me. I picked him up to give him a hug as I'd missed him and he just wouldn't stop smiling!

It gives you one of those feelings you can't understand until you experience it.

Thank You for reading, please do stay with me on my journey, comment and share. I hope you join me again next friday.

1 comment:

  1. very happy for you and your little family,i hear you had a good night out,you will find some thing for mothers day ,when i see tyler hes all smiles and i heard him laugh on thursday,got some lovely photos of him ,keep the stories coming love reading them.

    ReplyDelete