Friday 6 April 2012

Chasing Gooses with Rolls

Well we went on somewhat of a wild goose chase this week. Tyler had been acting a bit odd with his sleeping pattern and the way he was acting, seemed weird. At times it felt upsetting for me and I know Andrea felt the same, we were confused and spent time trying to erase what could possibly be causing it.

We thought maybe it was because we'd just started him on rusks and it was his digestive system getting used to new foods. Our only thought with this, is he's really started to enjoy eating his rusks and gets really excited when he can see it coming.

We thought maybe it was because we stopped giving him infacol and any calpol. So to be safe we remembered what the pharmacist said to us a few weeks ago;
"If you are worried about absolutely anything, don't feel silly or worry what they will think, if you have concerns arrange an appointment and get it checked."

So we got there, the nurse checked him over and said that medically everything was absolutely fine, offered a few different suggestions and we were on our way.

Slightly relieved it wasn't a medical condition we sat to think about what it could be. We found it odd that he was getting back to his self again, he seemed happy again so it almost seemed like a phase. Then it struck us, midweek we up'd his feed, since that point he went back to his normal self.

We came to the conclusion it must of just been that the feeds we were giving him just weren't satisfying him. Little fatty is getting his dads appetite by the looks of it.

I was wondering what else I could talk about in this blog, but yesterday I was handed something to talk about by Tyler. After making progress through the week on using us to start pulling himself up to a seated position, then even managing pulling him self forward once or twice. Even though he was leaning back on our legs, we saw this as quite an achievement for the little guy. All this was good enough, but then yesterday, my mother was playing with him on his play-mat and out of the blue, for any of you who have me on twitter would know he rolled from his stomach to his back!

Now at first it doesn't sound like much, but it's weird how something so small can make you so chuffed inside. At that point I was a very proud daddy!

Thank you for joining me again this week on my journey and I actually managed to get this one out on time!

Please do comment let me know your thoughts, share it about and I look forward to you joining me next week.

1 comment:

  1. well hes on his way to next stage in life,sitting up on his own doing his own thing ,they dont stay little for long,enjoy easter.

    ReplyDelete