Friday 23 December 2011

1st Time Dad

My name is Joe, I'm 21 and in sometime at the end of march beginning of April my girlfriend became pregnant and we had a son on the way. He is due any day now and during the past 9 months we have had many ups and downs and admittedly been scared.

Because of this we have often turned to the internet for help and advice from others. One of the main problems I've had is that all the help and advice out there is mainly targeted at single mums or the woman of the relationship, we found very little if any help for the dads or dads-to-be at all.

My intention of starting this blog and these posts is to hopefully help some of the men out there who find themselves in the same or similar situation. I don't want this to be aimed at single dads or young dads, I want it to be somewhere men can come comment as me questions ask each other questions and maybe we can all help is each other. Maybe even women reading it might be able to help them better understand the dads mindset.

I want to almost be able to build a community of people offering each other their own stories and advice. To talk about the good times as well as the bad. We are all always learning and beginning this journey I know I have a long hard road of knowledge ahead of me. I will be writing a new post every friday, taking you from the moment we found out, right up until now, and everything I see and learn in the future.

As I've said before if anyone feels the need or want to comment or talk about their stories problems or just want to say what you think of this idea then I would love to hear from you and you can help me build this community.

Thank you for taking the time to read through this and I will be writing my first proper blog and sharing the beginning to my journey next friday.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment